C is sill for Chad

Three years ago a dear friend of mine embarked on a journey. A journey interwoven with a vicious beast…cancer. He has asked me to photograph every part of his treatment. A task that has proved to be much more challenging than I had anticipated. I am privileged and grateful to share this experience with him on such an intimate level. It is truly inspiring to discover people in this world with such a heart as Chad, and It’s difficult to express in simply words and pictures the beauty and strength of Chad’s story. Through his entire fight, he has found strength to endure, gratitude for life, and happiness in the darkest lowest moments.
Because I can't tell his story quite like he can, I pulled a small portion from his blog.

"In case you really are joining this battle for the first time there is something you must know. My name is Chad and I am a SURVIVOR. Depression has not stopped me. A broken back did not slow me down. A father leaving did not dishearten. 3 years of chemotherapy did not kill me. And the hundreds of thousands of dollars in bills has only left me begging the question. Is all you got? 3 years ago I stared this journey. Cancer has not knocked Once, it has not Knocked Twice, it has knocked Three times and in this I have this to say.
Cancer Know your place. Know that My God is great. Know that I will Win I will NEVER SURRENDER, and my body may wither it may be ravished, BUT MY SOUL WILL CONTINUE TO SHINE. My name is Chad Hickey I am the Son of a King. Have Heart and know :
C is STILL for Chad Not Cancer."



To read more of this amazing story, visit his blog. http://www.cisforchad.blogspot.com




 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Site Design By Penny Lane Designs